Unclog Drain Wellston, MO
Unclog Drain in Wellston, MO. Been looking up "unclog drain" all day? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't helping, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can lead to costly repairs down the line. If you need unclog drain services in Wellston, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Wellston, MO customers.
Why Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Wellston, MO
Different drains get backed up for different reasons. Knowing the causes of clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is often to blame, but other kinds of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which shouldn't be flushed in a toilet — often result in clogs as well. If any product apart from toilet paper claims to be "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a another drain in the house is backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often get in Wellston, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, dirt, skin flakes, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While this is useful information for the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Wellston, MO home. Contact Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Wellston, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. Our first order of business when we arrive at your Wellston, MO home is to use a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the underlying cause of your clogged drain. Once we know the the issue is, we'll come up with one of approaches that work best for your plumbing issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter chemicals can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they generally only work temporarily, if at all. However, only professional plumbers are able to buy the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid needed to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid erode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the best solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also referred to as a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, like your kitchen sink, and augers are used for larger drains such as a toilet. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by using a highly-pressurized stream of water down in order to remove the most difficult clogs.
Our team consists of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Wellston, MO since 2011 and have never seen a blockage we couldn't clear out.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Wellston, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Below are 6 tell-tale signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If there's water on the floor of your basement after you run the washing machine, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, call Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: Foul smells that you can't find the source of are often a signal that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all not draining well, it could mean that there's a problem with your main sewer line. In that case, it's best to get sewer drain cleaning ASAPDelaying could cause more serious damage to your Wellston, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet line is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are working well now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling is caused by water flowing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. if you notice fruit flies flying around your kitchen sink, you need professional drain cleaning.
If you suspect you have problems with your drain, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as you can, or you'll be left typing "unclog drain" into your browser at on a Sunday afternoon. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might cause infections and other health problems.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Wellston, MO:
Unclog Drain Wellston, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers believe in prompt and professional service, 24/7. We are always following the latest technologies to give Wellston, MO homeowners the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in Wellston, MO. Besides drain cleaning, we offer a variety of plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. If you need to unclog a drain in Wellston, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.