Unclog Drain Richmond Heights, MO
Unclog Drain in Richmond Heights, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser for hours? Tried a plunger? Hot water and dish soap? Baking soda and vinegar? Even a bent wire hanger? If you feel like you're out of options, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can lead to expensive repairs down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Richmond Heights, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or reach out to us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Richmond Heights, MO.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Richmond Heights, MO
Different drains become clogged for different reasons. Knowing the causes of clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is the main cause of clogged toilets, but other sorts of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which you should never flush down a toilet — often result in clogs as well. If anything apart from toilet paper says "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a toilet's backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often get in Richmond Heights, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, dirt, nail clippings, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While there are countless ways drains become clogged, the important thing now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Richmond Heights, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Richmond Heights, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Richmond Heights, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We know how to unclog drains. When we first arrive at your Richmond Heights, MO home, we might perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the main cause of your clogged drain. Once we know the the problem is, we'll come up with one of several plans of attack that work best for your plumbing issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Store-bought chemicals can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for serious or persistent issues. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold only to professional plumbers. The acid erode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the best solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also known as a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, like your bathroom sink, and augers are intended for larger drains such as a basement. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to remove the most difficult clogs.
Our team is comprised of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Richmond Heights, MO since 2011 and have yet to come across a drain we couldn't unclog.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Richmond Heights, MO
Of course, searching "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. The following are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is still functioning, but slowly, it likely means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If there's water on the floor of your basement after it rains, or water fills up your shower despite the drain being open, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a odor anywhere near a drain, it could be an indication that your plumbing system is backed up or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all draining slowly, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. In that case, you need to get sewer drain cleaning immediately to avoid more expensive damage to your Richmond Heights, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling is due to water flowing past the air bubbles that are created when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. if you notice fruit flies hanging around your kitchen sink, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you suspect you have problems with your drain, it's best not to wait to get drain cleaning services, or you'll be left typing "unclog drain" into your phone at 6AM. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might result in infections and other health problems.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Richmond Heights, MO:
Unclog Drain Richmond Heights, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers believe in prompt and courteous service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies to offer Richmond Heights, MO homeowners the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in Richmond Heights, MO. Besides drain cleaning, we offer numerous plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. For the best unclog drain services in Richmond Heights, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.