Unclog Drain O'Fallon, MO
Unclog Drain in O'Fallon, MO. Been searching "unclog drain" for hours? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't helping, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause costly repairs in the future. If you need unclog drain services in O'Fallon, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or reach out to us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in O'Fallon, MO.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain O'Fallon, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying cause depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. Knowing the reasons behind clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is often a culprit, but other kinds of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which we strongly advise against flushing down a toilet — often result in clogs too. If any product apart from toilet paper calls itself "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a another drain in the house is clogged, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rain storms we often get in O'Fallon, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, floss, skin flakes, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While there are countless ways drains get backed up, the important thing now is that you need to unclog that drain in your O'Fallon, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
Professional Unclog Drain Services in O'Fallon, MO
While some DIY options are useful sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We know how to unclog drains. When we first arrive at your O'Fallon, MO home, we might carry out a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the underlying cause of your clogged drain. Once we know the the issue is, we'll decide on one of approaches that work best for your plumbing issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they typically only work temporarily, if at all. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold exclusively to licensed plumbers. The acid can cause damage to certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also referred to as a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are used to unclog drains that are smaller, for example your bathroom sink, and augers are used for larger drains like a toilet. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then cranked, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by using high-pressure water jets down in order to dislodge the most difficult clogs.
Our team is comprised of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in O'Fallon, MO for more than 10 years and have yet to come across a blockage we couldn't clear out.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain O'Fallon, MO
Of course, searching "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. The following are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If there's water on the floor of your basement after you run the washing machine, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, reach out to Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: Foul odors that you can't find the source of are often a signal that your sewage is backed up or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your O'Fallon, MO home are all having issues, it could mean that there's a problem with your main sewer line. When that happens, it's a good idea to get sewer drain cleaning immediatelyDelaying could result in more expensive damage to your O'Fallon, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet line is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning well now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling is due to water flowing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, you need professional drain cleaning.
If you suspect you have problems with your drain, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as possible, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 2 in the morning. Not getting drain cleaning could even lead to infections and other health issues.
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in O'Fallon, MO:
Unclog Drain O'Fallon, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers provide prompt and polite service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always researching the newest technologies and best practices to give O'Fallon, MO residents the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're an A-Z service for all your plumbing needs in O'Fallon, MO. Beyond drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. For the best unclog drain services in O'Fallon, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.