Unclog Drain Hazelwood, MO
Unclog Drain in Hazelwood, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser all day? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't working, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can cause costly repairs down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Hazelwood, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or get in touch with us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Hazelwood, MO customers.
How Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Hazelwood, MO
Different drains get clogged differently. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can generally avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is usually a culprit, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which shouldn't be flushed in a toilet — often cause clogs as well. If anything apart from toilet paper claims to be "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a toilet's backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rain storms we often see in Hazelwood, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the main cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, dirt, skin flakes, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While this is useful information for the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Hazelwood, MO home. Call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Hazelwood, MO.
Professional Unclog Drain Services in Hazelwood, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. When we first arrive at your Hazelwood, MO home, we might use a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the underlying cause of your clogged drain. Once the issue's diagnosed, we'll come up with one of approaches that work best for your plumbing issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for tough clogs or drain issues that keep coming back. However, only licensed plumbers are allowed to purchase the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid required to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid erode certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are intended to unclog drains that are smaller, for example your bathroom sink, and augers are used for larger drains like a basement. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then cranked, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by using a highly-pressurized stream of water down in order to dislodge the most stubborn clogs.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Hazelwood, MO for more than a decade and have yet to come across a drain we couldn't handle.
6 Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Hazelwood, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. Here are 6 sure signs that you need drain cleaning even if your drains aren't completely clogged:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If there's water on the floor of your basement after you run the washing machine, or water fills up your shower even though the drain is open, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a stench anywhere near a drain, it could be a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all having issues, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. When that happens, you need to get sewer drain cleaning immediately to avoid more serious damage to your Hazelwood, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are working normally now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling is caused by water flowing past the air bubbles that form when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you suspect you have problems with your drain, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as possible, or you'll be left typing "unclog drain" into your phone at 11PM. Not getting drain cleaning could even lead to infections and other health issues.
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Hazelwood, MO:
Unclog Drain Hazelwood, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers believe in swift and courteous service, 24/7. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies to offer Hazelwood, MO residents the impeccable plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're an A-Z service for all your plumbing needs in Hazelwood, MO. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. For the best unclog drain services in Hazelwood, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.