Unclog Drain Cottleville, MO
Unclog Drain in Cottleville, MO. Been looking up "unclog drain" for hours? Tried a plunger? Hot water and dish soap? Baking soda and vinegar? Even a bent wire hanger? If nothing's working, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause expensive repairs down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Cottleville, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or reach out to us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Cottleville, MO customers.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Cottleville, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying cause depends on the type of drain and what humans are using it for. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can typically avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is usually to blame, but other kinds of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which you should never flush down a toilet — often result in clogs as well. If anything apart from toilet paper calls itself "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a another drain in the house is backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often get in Cottleville, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the number one cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, floss, nail clippings, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While there are myriad ways drains become clogged, the important thing now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Cottleville, MO home. Call Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
Professional Unclog Drain Services in Cottleville, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. When we first get to your Cottleville, MO home, we might use a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the chief cause of your clogged drain. Once we know the the issue is, we'll come up with one of several plans of attack that best fits the issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter chemicals can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they typically only work temporarily, if at all. However, only licensed plumbers are allowed to buy the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid required to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid erode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the right solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also referred to as a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, for example your bathroom sink, and augers are meant for larger drains like a toilet. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then cranked, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to dislodge the most stubborn clogs.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Cottleville, MO for more than a decade and have yet to find a blockage we couldn't dislodge.
How to Know When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Cottleville, MO
Of course, you may never have to search "unclog drain" at all when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Here are 6 tell-tale signs that you need drain cleaning even if your drains aren't completely clogged:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is working, but slowly, it probably means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after it rains, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a odor anywhere near a drain, it could be a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all not draining well, it possibly means that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. When that happens, it's a good idea to get sewer drain cleaning as soon as possible to avoid more costly damage to your Cottleville, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet line is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling is due to water rushing through the air bubbles that form when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, it's best not to wait to get drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 2 in the morning. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might cause infections and other health problems.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Cottleville, MO:
Unclog Drain Cottleville, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers provide swift and professional service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies to give Cottleville, MO residents the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're an A-Z service for any plumbing issue in Cottleville, MO. Beyond drain cleaning, we offer a variety of plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. If you need to unclog a drain in Cottleville, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.