Unclog Drain Clayton, MO
Unclog Drain in Clayton, MO. Been looking up "unclog drain" for hours? Tried a plunger? Store-bought liquid drain cleaners? Baking soda and vinegar? Even cola? If nothing's working, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can lead to costly repairs down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Clayton, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or get in touch with us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Clayton, MO customers.
How Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Clayton, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying cause depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. Knowing the reasons behind clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is frequently to blame, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which you should never flush down a toilet — often lead to clogs as well. If anything apart from toilet paper calls itself "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a toilet's clogged, there's residue from a washing machine, or with the heavy rainfall we often see in Clayton, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the number one cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, floss, skin flakes, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While there are numerous ways drains become clogged, the priority now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Clayton, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Clayton, MO.
Professional Unclog Drain Services in Clayton, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. When we first get to your Clayton, MO home, we might perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the main reason behind your clogged drain. Once the issue's diagnosed, we'll come up with one of approaches that best fits the issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for tough clogs or drain issues that keep coming back. However, only licensed plumbers are able to purchase the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid needed to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid is harmful to certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also referred to as a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are intended to unclog drains that are smaller, like your bathroom sink, and augers are meant for larger drains like a toilet. They both have long, coiled cords with a helix-shaped hook on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: When all else fails, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by using a highly-pressurized stream of water down in order to clear out the most difficult blockages.
Our team consists of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Clayton, MO for over a decade and have yet to find a drain we couldn't handle.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Clayton, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. Here are 6 sure signs that you need drain cleaning even if your drains aren't completely clogged:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is still functioning, but slowly, it probably means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after it rains, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, reach out to Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: Foul stenches that you can't find the source of are often a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your Clayton, MO home are all not draining well, it possibly means that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. When that happens, it's best to get sewer drain cleaning ASAPWaiting could result in more serious damage to your Clayton, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet line is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling is due to water flowing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, you need professional drain cleaning.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as possible, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your phone at on a Saturday afternoon. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might lead to infections and other health concerns.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Clayton, MO:
Unclog Drain Clayton, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers believe in quick and professional service, 24/7. We are always researching the newest technologies and best practices to give Clayton, MO residents the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're a one-stop-shop for any plumbing issue in Clayton, MO. Besides drain cleaning, we offer numerous plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. For the best unclog drain services in Clayton, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.