Unclog Drain Maryland Heights, MO
Unclog Drain in Maryland Heights, MO. Been searching "unclog drain" for hours? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't helping, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause expensive damage to your plumbing down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Maryland Heights, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or get in touch with us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Maryland Heights, MO.
Why Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Maryland Heights, MO
Different drains become clogged for different reasons. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can typically avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is the main cause of clogged toilets, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which you should never flush down a toilet — often cause clogs too. If any product that is not toilet paper calls itself "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a toilet's clogged, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rain storms we often see in Maryland Heights, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also cause clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, floss, nail clippings, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While there are myriad ways drains get backed up, the priority now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Maryland Heights, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Maryland Heights, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. When we first arrive at your Maryland Heights, MO home, we might use a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the root cause of your clogged drain. Once we know the the problem is, we'll come up with one of several plans of attack that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter chemicals can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they generally only work briefly, if at all. However, only professional plumbers are allowed to buy the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid required to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid erode certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know if chemicals are appropriate for your pipes.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also referred to as a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are intended to unclog drains that are smaller, like your kitchen sink, and augers are used for larger drains like a basement. They both have long, coiled cords with a helix-shaped hook on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then cranked, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending high-pressure water jets down your pipes in order to dislodge the most difficult clogs.
The contractors at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Maryland Heights, MO since 2011 and have never seen a drain we couldn't unclog.
6 Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Maryland Heights, MO
Of course, you may never have to look up "unclog drain" at all when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Below are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If there's water on the floor of your basement after it rains, or water fills up your shower even though the drain is open, call Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: Foul stenches that you can't find the source of are often a signal that your sewage is backed up or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your Maryland Heights, MO home are all not draining well, it possibly means that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. In that case, it's a good idea to get sewer drain cleaning as soon as possible to avoid more serious damage to your Maryland Heights, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning normally now, they likely won't be soon. The gurgling is due to water flowing through the air bubbles that form when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, it's time for professional drain cleaning.
If you're noticing any of the above signs, it's best not to delay in getting drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 2AM. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might cause infections and other health issues.
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Maryland Heights, MO:
Unclog Drain Maryland Heights, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers provide prompt and professional service, 24/7. We are always researching the newest technologies to give Maryland Heights, MO residents the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're an A-Z service for all your plumbing needs in Maryland Heights, MO. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. For the best unclog drain services in Maryland Heights, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.