Unclog Drain Glendale, MO
Unclog Drain in Glendale, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser all day? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't helping, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can lead to costly damage to your plumbing down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Glendale, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or get in touch with us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Glendale, MO customers.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Glendale, MO
Different drains get clogged for different reasons. Knowing the reasons behind clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is the main cause of clogged toilets, but other kinds of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which you should never flush down a toilet — often cause clogs too. If anything apart from toilet paper calls itself "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a another drain in the house is backed up, there's residue from a washing machine, or with the heavy rain storms we often see in Glendale, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the chief cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, floss, skin flakes, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While there are numerous ways drains get backed up, the priority now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Glendale, MO home. Call Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Glendale, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Glendale, MO
While some DIY options are useful sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We know how to unclog drains. When we first arrive at your Glendale, MO home, we might use a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the main reason behind your clogged drain. Once the problem's diagnosed, we'll come up with one of several plans of attack that work best for your plumbing issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Store-bought chemicals can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for serious or persistent issues. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold exclusively to professional plumbers. The acid erode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the best solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are used to unclog drains that are smaller, like your bathroom sink, and augers are meant for larger drains like a toilet. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to remove the most difficult blockages.
Our team is comprised of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Glendale, MO for over 10 years and have never seen a blockage we couldn't dislodge.
How to Know When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Glendale, MO
Of course, you may never have to look up "unclog drain" at all when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Below are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If your basement has standing water after it rains, or water fills up your shower despite the drain being open, reach out to Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a stench anywhere near a drain, it could be a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all having issues, it potentially means that there's a problem with your main sewer line. In that case, it's best to get sewer drain cleaning ASAPWaiting could lead to more expensive damage to your Glendale, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning normally now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling is caused by water flowing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you suspect you have problems with your drain, it's best not to delay in getting drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 6 in the morning. Not getting drain cleaning could even cause infections and other health concerns.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Glendale, MO:
Unclog Drain Glendale, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers provide swift and polite service, 24/7. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies and best practices to offer Glendale, MO individuals and families the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're an A-Z service for any plumbing issue in Glendale, MO. Besides drain cleaning, we offer numerous plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. If you need to unclog a drain in Glendale, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.