Unclog Drain Overland, MO
Unclog Drain in Overland, MO. Been looking up "unclog drain" for hours? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't working, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause costly repairs down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Overland, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or get in touch with us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Overland, MO customers.
How Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Overland, MO
Different drains get clogged for different reasons. Knowing the reasons behind clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is the main cause of clogged toilets, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which you should never flush down a toilet — often cause clogs too. If anything that is not toilet paper calls itself "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a toilet's clogged, there's residue from a washing machine, or with the heavy rain storms we often see in Overland, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, dirt, skin flakes, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While there are a lot of ways drains get backed up, the priority now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Overland, MO home. Reach out to Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Overland, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Overland, MO
While some DIY options are useful sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. The first thing we'll do when we arrive at your Overland, MO home is to use a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the underlying reason behind your clogged drain. Once we know the the problem is, we'll come up with one of approaches that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter chemicals can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for tough clogs or drain issues that keep coming back. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold only to licensed plumbers. The acid can cause damage to certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the best solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know if chemicals are appropriate for your pipes.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also known as a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are used to unclog drains that are smaller, for example your kitchen sink, and augers are intended for larger drains for example a basement. They both have long, coiled cords with an "auger head" that can dislodge clogs on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then twisted, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When all else fails, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by using high-pressure water jets down in order to clear out the most stubborn blockages.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Overland, MO since 2011 and have never seen a clog we couldn't clear out.
6 Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Overland, MO
Of course, you may never have to look up "unclog drain" at all when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Here are 6 sure signs that you need drain cleaning even if your drains aren't completely clogged:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If there's water on the floor of your basement after it rains, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a smell anywhere near a drain, it could be a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your Overland, MO home are all not draining well, it could mean that there's a problem with your main sewer line. When that happens, it's best to get sewer drain cleaning immediatelyWaiting could lead to more costly damage to your Overland, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet drain is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling is caused by water rushing through the air bubbles that form when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as you can, or you'll be left typing "unclog drain" into your phone at on a Sunday morning. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might cause infections and other health concerns.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Overland, MO:
Unclog Drain Overland, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers believe in quick and polite service, 24/7. We are always following the newest technologies to offer Overland, MO residents the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in Overland, MO. Beyond drain cleaning, we offer numerous plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. If you need to unclog a drain in Overland, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.