Unclog Drain Des Peres, MO
Unclog Drain in Des Peres, MO. Been searching "unclog drain" for hours? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't working, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can result in costly repairs down the line. If you need unclog drain services in Des Peres, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Des Peres, MO customers.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Des Peres, MO
Different drains become clogged for different reasons. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can generally avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is frequently to blame, but other sorts of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which you should never flush down a toilet — often lead to clogs too. If anything that is not toilet paper claims to be "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a toilet's backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often see in Des Peres, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, floss, nail clippings, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While this might be helpful in the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Des Peres, MO home. Reach out to Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Des Peres, MO
While some DIY options are useful sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We know how to unclog drains. Our first order of business when we arrive at your Des Peres, MO home is to use a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the root reason behind your clogged drain. Once we know the the issue is, we'll decide on one of approaches that work best for your plumbing issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Store-bought chemicals can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they usually only work temporarily, if at all. However, only licensed plumbers are able to buy the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid needed to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid can cause damage to certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are intended to unclog drains that are smaller, like your kitchen sink, and augers are meant for larger drains like a toilet. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to dislodge the most stubborn clogs.
The contractors at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Des Peres, MO for over a decade and have yet to come across a clog we couldn't dislodge.
How to Know When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Des Peres, MO
Of course, you may never have to look up "unclog drain" at all if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. Below are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is still functioning, but slowly, it likely means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If there's water on the floor of your basement after it rains, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a smell anywhere near a drain, it could be a sign that your sewage is backed up or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your Des Peres, MO home are all not draining well, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. In that case, it's a good idea to get sewer drain cleaning immediatelyDelaying could result in more serious damage to your Des Peres, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning normally now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling is caused by water rushing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're noticing any of the above signs, it's best not to wait to get drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your phone at 6 in the morning. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might cause infections and other health problems.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Des Peres, MO:
Unclog Drain Des Peres, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers believe in prompt and courteous service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always researching the latest technologies and best practices to give Des Peres, MO residents the exceptional plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in Des Peres, MO. Besides drain cleaning, we offer numerous plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. If you need to unclog a drain in Des Peres, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.