Unclog Drain Wildwood, MO
Unclog Drain in Wildwood, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser all day? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't helping, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause costly repairs down the line. If you need unclog drain services in Wildwood, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Wildwood, MO.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Wildwood, MO
Different drains become clogged for different reasons. Knowing the causes of clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is often to blame, but other sorts of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which you should never flush down a toilet — often result in clogs as well. If any product apart from toilet paper calls itself "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a toilet's clogged, there's residue from a washing machine, or with the heavy rainfall we often see in Wildwood, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the main cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, floss, nail clippings, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While there are numerous ways drains become clogged, the important thing now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Wildwood, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Wildwood, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Wildwood, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We know how to unclog drains. When we first arrive at your Wildwood, MO home, we might perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the root reason behind your clogged drain. Once we know the the issue is, we'll come up with one of approaches that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Store-bought liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they usually only work momentarily, if at all. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold exclusively to licensed plumbers. The acid corrode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the right solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also known as a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are used to unclog drains that are smaller, such as your kitchen sink, and augers are meant for larger drains like a toilet. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then twisted, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by using a highly-pressurized stream of water down in order to dislodge the most stubborn blockages.
The contractors at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Wildwood, MO since 2011 and have yet to find a drain we couldn't unclog.
6 Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Wildwood, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. Below are 6 tell-tale signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is still functioning, but slowly, it likely means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after it rains, or water fills up your shower despite the drain being open, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a smell anywhere near a drain, it could be an indication that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all having issues, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. In that case, you need to get sewer drain cleaning right away to avoid more serious damage to your Wildwood, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling comes from water flowing past the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. if you notice fruit flies hanging around your kitchen sink, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, it's best not to delay in getting drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your phone at 6AM. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might cause infections and other health problems.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Wildwood, MO:
Unclog Drain Wildwood, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers believe in quick and courteous service, 24/7. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies and best practices to give Wildwood, MO residents the impeccable plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're an A-Z service for any plumbing issue in Wildwood, MO. Besides drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. If you need to unclog a drain in Wildwood, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.