Unclog Drain University City, MO
Unclog Drain in University City, MO. Been searching "unclog drain" all day? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't working, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can result in expensive damage to your plumbing down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in University City, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or reach out to us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in University City, MO.
How Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain University City, MO
Different drains become backed up for different reasons. Knowing the causes of clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is the main cause of clogged toilets, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which shouldn't be flushed in a toilet — often lead to clogs too. If anything that is not toilet paper calls itself "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a another drain in the house is backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often get in University City, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the number one cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, dirt, skin flakes, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While this might be helpful in the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your University City, MO home. Reach out to Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
Professional Unclog Drain Services in University City, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We know how to unclog drains. Our first order of business when we get to your University City, MO home is to perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the underlying cause of your clogged drain. Once the problem's diagnosed, we'll come up with one of approaches that best fits the issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Store-bought liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for tough clogs or drain issues that keep coming back. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold only to licensed plumbers. The acid corrode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the best solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know if chemicals are appropriate for your pipes.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are used to unclog drains that are smaller, for example your bathroom sink, and augers are intended for larger drains such as a toilet. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then twisted, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When all else fails, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by using high-pressure water jets down in order to remove the most stubborn clogs.
Our team consists of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in University City, MO for over 10 years and have never seen a blockage we couldn't dislodge.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain University City, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Below are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If your basement has standing water after you run the washing machine, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, reach out to Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a stench anywhere near a drain, it could be a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your University City, MO home are all not draining well, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. When that happens, it's best to get sewer drain cleaning immediatelyDelaying could cause more costly damage to your University City, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling is caused by water flowing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. if you notice fruit flies hanging around your kitchen sink, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as possible, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your phone at 11PM. Not getting drain cleaning could even result in infections and other health concerns.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in University City, MO:
Unclog Drain University City, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers provide quick and polite service, 24/7. We are always staying on top of the latest technologies to give University City, MO homeowners the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're an A-Z service for all your plumbing needs in University City, MO. Beyond drain cleaning, we offer a variety of plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. For the best unclog drain services in University City, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.