Unclog Drain Crestwood, MO
Unclog Drain in Crestwood, MO. Been searching "unclog drain" for hours? Tried a plunger? Store-bought liquid drain cleaners? Baking soda and vinegar? Even a bent wire hanger? If you feel like you're out of options, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can result in expensive damage to your plumbing down the road. If you need unclog drain services in Crestwood, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or reach out to us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Crestwood, MO customers.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Crestwood, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying cause depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can typically avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is frequently to blame, but other sorts of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which you should never flush down a toilet — often result in clogs as well. If anything that is not toilet paper says "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a toilet's clogged, there's residue from a washing machine, or with the heavy rainfall we often see in Crestwood, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the main cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, floss, nail clippings, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While there are numerous ways drains get backed up, the priority now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Crestwood, MO home. Call Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Crestwood, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Crestwood, MO
While some DIY options are handy sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. When we first get to your Crestwood, MO home, we might perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the main cause of your clogged drain. Once the issue's diagnosed, we'll pursue one of several plans of attack that work best for your plumbing issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they usually only work briefly, if at all. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold only to licensed plumbers. The acid is harmful to certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know if chemicals are appropriate for your pipes.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also referred to as a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, like your bathroom sink, and augers are used for larger drains such as a basement. They both have long, coiled cords with an "auger head" that can dislodge clogs on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then twisted, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When all else fails, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to remove the most stubborn blockages.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Crestwood, MO since 2011 and have yet to find a drain we couldn't handle.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Crestwood, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. The following are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is still functioning, but slowly, it likely means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after you run the washing machine, or water fills up your shower even though the drain is open, call Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: Foul stenches that you can't find the source of are often a signal that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all having issues, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. In that case, you need to get sewer drain cleaning as soon as possibleDelaying could result in more costly damage to your Crestwood, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet drain is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling is caused by water rushing past the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. if you notice fruit flies flying around your kitchen sink, you need professional drain cleaning.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, it's best not to delay in getting drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your phone at 2AM. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might lead to infections and other health concerns.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Crestwood, MO:
Unclog Drain Crestwood, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers believe in prompt and polite service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always following the newest technologies to offer Crestwood, MO individuals and families the exceptional plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're an A-Z service for all your plumbing needs in Crestwood, MO. Besides drain cleaning, we offer numerous plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. For the best unclog drain services in Crestwood, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.