Unclog Drain Lake St. Louis, MO
Unclog Drain in Lake St. Louis, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser for hours? Tried a plunger? Hot water and dish soap? Baking soda and vinegar? Even cola? If you feel like you're out of options, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can cause expensive damage to your plumbing down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Lake St. Louis, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or reach out to us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Lake St. Louis, MO customers.
Why Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Lake St. Louis, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying cause depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. Knowing the reasons behind clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is the main cause of clogged toilets, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which shouldn't be flushed in a toilet — often lead to clogs as well. If anything apart from toilet paper calls itself "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a another drain in the house is clogged, there's residue from a washing machine, or with the heavy rainfall we often see in Lake St. Louis, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the chief cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, dirt, nail clippings, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While there are countless ways drains become clogged, the priority now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Lake St. Louis, MO home. Call Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Lake St. Louis, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We know how to unclog drains. The first thing we'll do when we get to your Lake St. Louis, MO home is to carry out a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the underlying reason behind your clogged drain. Once the problem's diagnosed, we'll decide on one of several plans of attack that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Store-bought liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for serious or persistent issues. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold exclusively to licensed plumbers. The acid erode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the best solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know if chemicals are appropriate for your pipes.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also known as a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are used to unclog drains that are smaller, for example your bathroom sink, and augers are meant for larger drains for example a basement. They both have long, coiled cords with an "auger head" that can dislodge clogs on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then twisted, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending high-pressure water jets down your pipes in order to dislodge the most stubborn blockages.
Our team consists of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Lake St. Louis, MO since 2011 and have never seen a drain we couldn't handle.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Lake St. Louis, MO
Of course, you may never have to search "unclog drain" at all when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Below are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is still functioning, but slowly, it likely means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after you run the washing machine, or water fills up your shower despite the drain being open, call Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: Foul smells that you can't find the source of are often a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your Lake St. Louis, MO home are all not draining well, it possibly means that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. In that case, you need to get sewer drain cleaning immediatelyWaiting could lead to more serious damage to your Lake St. Louis, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling is due to water flowing past the air bubbles that form when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. if you notice fruit flies flying around your kitchen sink, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as possible, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your phone at on a Sunday afternoon. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might lead to infections and other health concerns.
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Lake St. Louis, MO:
Unclog Drain Lake St. Louis, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers believe in quick and polite service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies to give Lake St. Louis, MO homeowners the highest quality plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're a one-stop-shop for any plumbing issue in Lake St. Louis, MO. Besides drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. For the best unclog drain services in Lake St. Louis, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.