Unclog Drain Valley Park, MO
Unclog Drain in Valley Park, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser for hours? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't working, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can cause costly damage to your plumbing down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Valley Park, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Valley Park, MO.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Valley Park, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying cause depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can generally avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is often to blame, but other kinds of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which we strongly advise against flushing down a toilet — often lead to clogs too. If any product apart from toilet paper calls itself "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a another drain in the house is backed up, there's residue from a washing machine, or with the heavy rainfall we often get in Valley Park, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, floss, skin flakes, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While there are countless ways drains get backed up, the priority now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Valley Park, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Valley Park, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Valley Park, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. The first thing we'll do when we get to your Valley Park, MO home is to use a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the chief reason behind your clogged drain. Once the issue's diagnosed, we'll come up with one of several plans of attack that work best for your plumbing issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Store-bought liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for tough clogs or drain issues that keep coming back. However, only professional plumbers are permitted to buy the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid needed to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid can cause damage to certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also known as a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, like your kitchen sink, and augers are meant for larger drains such as a toilet. They both have long, coiled cords with a helix-shaped hook on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by using a highly-pressurized stream of water down in order to remove the most stubborn clogs.
The contractors at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Valley Park, MO since 2011 and have yet to come across a blockage we couldn't clear out.
6 Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Valley Park, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Here are 6 tell-tale signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If there's water on the floor of your basement after you run the washing machine, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a odor anywhere near a drain, it could be an indication that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all not draining well, it potentially means that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. In that case, it's best to get sewer drain cleaning as soon as possible to avoid more serious damage to your Valley Park, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning well now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling is due to water flowing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, it's time for professional drain cleaning.
If you're noticing any of the above signs, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as possible, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your phone at 11 at night. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might result in infections and other health problems.
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Valley Park, MO:
Unclog Drain Valley Park, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers believe in quick and professional service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always staying on top of the latest technologies and best practices to give Valley Park, MO homeowners the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're an A-Z service for any plumbing issue in Valley Park, MO. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. For the best unclog drain services in Valley Park, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.