Unclog Drain St. Louis, MO
Unclog Drain in St. Louis, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser all day? Tried a plunger? Hot water and dish soap? Baking soda and vinegar? Even a bent wire hanger? If you feel like you're out of options, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause costly damage to your plumbing in the future. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in St. Louis, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or get in touch with us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our St. Louis, MO customers.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain St. Louis, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying reason depends on the type of drain and what humans are using it for. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can typically avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is frequently to blame, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which you should never flush down a toilet — often result in clogs too. If any product that is not toilet paper claims to be "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a another drain in the house is backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often get in St. Louis, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the main cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, dirt, skin flakes, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While there are countless ways drains get backed up, the important thing now is that you need to unclog that drain in your St. Louis, MO home. Reach out to Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in St. Louis, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in St. Louis, MO
While some DIY options are handy sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. Our first order of business when we arrive at your St. Louis, MO home is to perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the main cause of your clogged drain. Once we know the the problem is, we'll come up with one of approaches that work best for your plumbing issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for serious or persistent issues. However, only licensed plumbers are permitted to purchase the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid required to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid can cause damage to certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the right solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know if chemicals are appropriate for your pipes.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also known as a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, such as your kitchen sink, and augers are intended for larger drains like a basement. They both have long, coiled cords with an "auger head" that can dislodge clogs on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending high-pressure water jets down your pipes in order to remove the most difficult clogs.
Our team consists of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in St. Louis, MO since 2011 and have yet to find a clog we couldn't clear out.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain St. Louis, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. The following are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If there's water on the floor of your basement after you run the washing machine, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, call Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: Foul odors that you can't find the source of are often an indication that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your St. Louis, MO home are all having issues, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. When that happens, it's best to get sewer drain cleaning ASAPWaiting could cause more expensive damage to your St. Louis, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet line is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are working well now, they likely won't be soon. The gurgling comes from water flowing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. if you notice fruit flies flying around your kitchen sink, you need professional drain cleaning.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, it's best not to delay in getting drain cleaning services, or you'll be left typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 11PM. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might lead to infections and other health issues.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in St. Louis, MO:
Unclog Drain St. Louis, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers provide quick and professional service, 24/7. We are always following the latest technologies to give St. Louis, MO residents the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in St. Louis, MO. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. If you need to unclog a drain in St. Louis, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.