Unclog Drain St. Louis County, MO
Unclog Drain in St. Louis County, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser all day? Tried a plunger? Store-bought liquid drain cleaners? Baking soda and vinegar? Even cola? If you feel like you're out of options, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause expensive damage to your plumbing in the future. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in St. Louis County, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in St. Louis County, MO.
Why Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain St. Louis County, MO
Different drains get clogged for different reasons. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can typically avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is usually to blame, but other sorts of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which shouldn't be flushed in a toilet — often cause clogs too. If any product that is not toilet paper says "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a another drain in the house is backed up, there's residue from a washing machine, or with the heavy rainfall we often see in St. Louis County, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the main cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, floss, skin flakes, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While this might be helpful in the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your St. Louis County, MO home. Contact Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in St. Louis County, MO.
Professional Unclog Drain Services in St. Louis County, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. When we first get to your St. Louis County, MO home, we might carry out a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the root reason behind your clogged drain. Once the problem's diagnosed, we'll pursue one of several plans of attack that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they generally only work temporarily, if at all. However, only professional plumbers are able to purchase the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid needed to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid is harmful to certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also referred to as a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, like your kitchen sink, and augers are meant for larger drains for example a toilet. They both have long, coiled cords with a helix-shaped hook on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending high-pressure water jets down your pipes in order to clear out the most stubborn blockages.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in St. Louis County, MO since 2011 and have yet to come across a drain we couldn't handle.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain St. Louis County, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Below are 6 sure signs that you need drain cleaning even if your drains aren't completely clogged:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is still functioning, but slowly, it probably means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after you run the washing machine, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a smell anywhere near a drain, it could be a signal that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your St. Louis County, MO home are all draining slowly, it possibly means that there's a problem with your main sewer line. In that case, it's a good idea to get sewer drain cleaning immediatelyDelaying could result in more expensive damage to your St. Louis County, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning normally now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling is due to water rushing past the air bubbles that are created when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, it's best not to delay in getting drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 6AM. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might cause infections and other health issues.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in St. Louis County, MO:
Unclog Drain St. Louis County, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers provide swift and polite service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always following the newest technologies to offer St. Louis County, MO individuals and families the highest quality plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in St. Louis County, MO. Beyond drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. If you need to unclog a drain in St. Louis County, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.