Unclog Drain Town and Country, MO
Unclog Drain in Town and Country, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser for hours? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't working, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause expensive damage to your plumbing down the road. If you need unclog drain services in Town and Country, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or get in touch with us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Town and Country, MO customers.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Town and Country, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying reason depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can typically avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is frequently to blame, but other kinds of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which shouldn't be flushed in a toilet — often lead to clogs too. If any product that is not toilet paper says "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a toilet's backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rain storms we often see in Town and Country, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also cause clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, dirt, skin flakes, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While there are countless ways drains get backed up, the priority now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Town and Country, MO home. Reach out to Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Town and Country, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Town and Country, MO
While some DIY options are handy sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. When we first get to your Town and Country, MO home, we might use a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the chief reason behind your clogged drain. Once we know the the problem is, we'll come up with one of approaches that work best for your plumbing issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter chemicals can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they usually only work momentarily, if at all. However, only licensed plumbers are permitted to purchase the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid required to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid corrode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the right solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know if chemicals are appropriate for your pipes.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are used to unclog drains that are smaller, such as your kitchen sink, and augers are used for larger drains like a toilet. They both have long, coiled cords with an "auger head" that can dislodge clogs on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then twisted, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending high-pressure water jets down your pipes in order to dislodge the most difficult blockages.
Our team is comprised of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Town and Country, MO for more than a decade and have never seen a drain we couldn't handle.
How to Know When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Town and Country, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. The following are 6 tell-tale signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is working, but slowly, it probably means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after you run the washing machine, or water fills up your shower despite the drain being open, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: Foul odors that you can't find the source of are often an indication that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all not draining well, it possibly means that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. When that happens, you need to get sewer drain cleaning as soon as possible to avoid more expensive damage to your Town and Country, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning normally now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling comes from water rushing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're noticing any of the above signs, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as you can, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your phone at 6 in the morning. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might result in infections and other health issues.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Town and Country, MO:
Unclog Drain Town and Country, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers provide swift and polite service, 24/7. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies and best practices to offer Town and Country, MO residents the impeccable plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're an A-Z service for any plumbing issue in Town and Country, MO. Beyond drain cleaning, we offer a variety of plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. If you need to unclog a drain in Town and Country, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.