Unclog Drain Arnold, MO
Unclog Drain in Arnold, MO. Been looking up "unclog drain" all day? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't helping, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause costly damage to your plumbing in the future. If you need unclog drain services in Arnold, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or get in touch with us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Arnold, MO.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Arnold, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying reason depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can typically avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is often a culprit, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which you should never flush down a toilet — often lead to clogs as well. If anything that is not toilet paper says "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a another drain in the house is clogged, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rain storms we often see in Arnold, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, floss, skin flakes, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While there are a lot of ways drains become clogged, the priority now is that you need to unclog that drain in your Arnold, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Arnold, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Arnold, MO
While some DIY options are handy sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We know how to unclog drains. The first thing we'll do when we arrive at your Arnold, MO home is to perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the main cause of your clogged drain. Once we know the the problem is, we'll come up with one of approaches that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they generally only work momentarily, if at all. However, only professional plumbers are allowed to purchase the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid needed to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid erode certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know if chemicals are appropriate for your pipes.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are intended to unclog drains that are smaller, like your bathroom sink, and augers are intended for larger drains for example a toilet. They both have long, coiled cords with an "auger head" that can dislodge clogs on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: When all else fails, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to dislodge the most stubborn blockages.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Arnold, MO since 2011 and have never seen a drain we couldn't handle.
6 Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Arnold, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. Below are 6 tell-tale signs that you need drain cleaning even if your drains aren't completely clogged:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is still functioning, but slowly, it probably means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If there's water on the floor of your basement after you run the washing machine, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, get in touch with Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: Foul odors that you can't find the source of are often a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all draining slowly, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. In that case, you need to get sewer drain cleaning ASAP to avoid more serious damage to your Arnold, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet drain is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning normally now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling is due to water rushing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you suspect you have problems with your drain, it's best not to wait to get drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 2 in the morning. Not getting drain cleaning could even cause infections and other health concerns.
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Arnold, MO:
Unclog Drain Arnold, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers believe in swift and courteous service, 24/7. We are always researching the newest technologies to give Arnold, MO individuals and families the impeccable plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in Arnold, MO. Besides drain cleaning, we offer numerous plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. If you need to unclog a drain in Arnold, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.