Unclog Drain Maplewood, MO
Unclog Drain in Maplewood, MO. Been searching "unclog drain" for hours? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't working, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can lead to costly damage to your plumbing down the road. If you need unclog drain services in Maplewood, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Maplewood, MO.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Maplewood, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying cause depends on the type of drain and what humans are using it for. Knowing the causes of clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is the main cause of clogged toilets, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which you should never flush down a toilet — often result in clogs as well. If anything apart from toilet paper calls itself "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a another drain in the house is backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rain storms we often see in Maplewood, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the chief cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, dirt, skin flakes, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While this is useful information for the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Maplewood, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Maplewood, MO
While some DIY options are useful sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. Our first order of business when we arrive at your Maplewood, MO home is to use a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the main reason behind your clogged drain. Once the issue's diagnosed, we'll decide on one of several plans of attack that work best for your plumbing issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter chemicals can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they usually only work briefly, if at all. However, only professional plumbers are able to buy the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid needed to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid corrode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the right solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are intended to unclog drains that are smaller, such as your kitchen sink, and augers are intended for larger drains for example a toilet. They both have long, coiled cords with a helix-shaped hook on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by using a highly-pressurized stream of water down in order to clear out the most stubborn blockages.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Maplewood, MO since 2011 and have yet to find a drain we couldn't handle.
How to Know When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Maplewood, MO
Of course, searching "unclog drain" isn't necessary when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. Here are 6 tell-tale signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If there's water on the floor of your basement after you run the washing machine, or water fills up your shower even though the drain is open, reach out to Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a smell anywhere near a drain, it could be a signal that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your Maplewood, MO home are all having issues, it potentially means that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. When that happens, it's a good idea to get sewer drain cleaning right awayDelaying could lead to more costly damage to your Maplewood, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet line is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are working well now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling comes from water rushing past the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. if you notice fruit flies hanging around your kitchen sink, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, it's best not to delay in getting drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 11PM. Not getting drain cleaning could even lead to infections and other health problems.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Maplewood, MO:
Unclog Drain Maplewood, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers believe in quick and courteous service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always researching the newest technologies and best practices to give Maplewood, MO homeowners the impeccable plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in Maplewood, MO. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. If you need to unclog a drain in Maplewood, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.