Unclog Drain Chesterfield, MO
Unclog Drain in Chesterfield, MO. Been searching "unclog drain" all day? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't helping, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can lead to costly repairs down the road. If you need unclog drain services in Chesterfield, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Chesterfield, MO.
Why Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Chesterfield, MO
Different drains get clogged for different reasons. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can usually avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is usually a culprit, but other kinds of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which we strongly advise against flushing down a toilet — often lead to clogs as well. If any product apart from toilet paper says "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a another drain in the house is backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often see in Chesterfield, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, floss, skin flakes, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While this might be helpful in the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Chesterfield, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Chesterfield, MO.
Professional Unclog Drain Services in Chesterfield, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. Our first order of business when we arrive at your Chesterfield, MO home is to perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the underlying cause of your clogged drain. Once the issue's diagnosed, we'll pursue one of approaches that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter chemicals can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for tough clogs or drain issues that keep coming back. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold exclusively to licensed plumbers. The acid is harmful to certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the right solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know if chemicals are appropriate for your pipes.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also known as a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, like your kitchen sink, and augers are meant for larger drains such as a basement. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then twisted, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: When nothing else will work, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to clear out the most stubborn blockages.
Our team is comprised of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Chesterfield, MO since 2011 and have never seen a blockage we couldn't dislodge.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Chesterfield, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. The following are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If your basement has standing water after it rains, or water fills up your shower even though the drain is open, call Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: Foul smells that you can't find the source of are often a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your Chesterfield, MO home are all having issues, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. When that happens, you need to get sewer drain cleaning as soon as possible to avoid more expensive damage to your Chesterfield, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are working normally now, they likely won't be soon. The gurgling is caused by water flowing past the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. if you notice fruit flies hanging around your kitchen sink, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as possible, or you'll be left typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 11 at night. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might result in infections and other health problems.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Chesterfield, MO:
Unclog Drain Chesterfield, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers provide swift and polite service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies and best practices to give Chesterfield, MO homeowners the highest quality plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in Chesterfield, MO. Beyond drain cleaning, we offer a variety of plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. If you need to unclog a drain in Chesterfield, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.