Unclog Drain Forest Park, MO
Unclog Drain in Forest Park, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser for hours? If a plunger, store-bought liquid drain cleaners, or other DIY solutions aren't working, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can cause expensive damage to your plumbing down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Forest Park, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or get in touch with us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Forest Park, MO customers.
How Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Forest Park, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying cause depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. Knowing the causes of clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is often a culprit, but other kinds of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which you should never flush down a toilet — often cause clogs too. If any product that is not toilet paper calls itself "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a toilet's backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often get in Forest Park, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the main cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, dirt, nail clippings, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While this might be helpful in the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Forest Park, MO home. Contact Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Forest Park, MO
While some DIY options are handy sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We know how to unclog drains. Our first order of business when we arrive at your Forest Park, MO home is to perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the underlying reason behind your clogged drain. Once we know the the issue is, we'll come up with one of approaches that work best for your plumbing issue and your your home's plumbing system:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for tough clogs or drain issues that keep coming back. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold exclusively to professional plumbers. The acid can cause damage to certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the best solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are intended to unclog drains that are smaller, for example your bathroom sink, and augers are used for larger drains such as a toilet. They both have long, coiled cords with an "auger head" that can dislodge clogs on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then turned repeatedly, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: When all else fails, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending high-pressure water jets down your pipes in order to remove the most difficult clogs.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Forest Park, MO for over 10 years and have never seen a drain we couldn't handle.
How to Know When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Forest Park, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. The following are 6 sure signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is working, but slowly, it probably means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after it rains, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, reach out to Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: Foul smells that you can't find the source of are often a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your Forest Park, MO home are all draining slowly, it could mean that the problem is with the main sewer line, and not the individual drains. When that happens, you need to get sewer drain cleaning right away to avoid more serious damage to your Forest Park, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning normally now, they likely won't be soon. The gurgling is due to water rushing past the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. if you notice fruit flies flying around your kitchen sink, it's time for professional drain cleaning.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as you can, or you'll be left typing "unclog drain" into your browser at on a Sunday morning. Not getting drain cleaning could even lead to infections and other health issues.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Forest Park, MO:
Unclog Drain Forest Park, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers believe in swift and courteous service, 24/7. We are always staying on top of the latest technologies to give Forest Park, MO homeowners the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in Forest Park, MO. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer a variety of plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. For the best unclog drain services in Forest Park, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.