Unclog Drain Creve Coeur, MO
Unclog Drain in Creve Coeur, MO. Been looking up "unclog drain" for hours? Tried a plunger? Store-bought liquid drain cleaners? Baking soda and vinegar? Even cola? If you feel like you're out of options, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a licensed master plumber and drainlayer unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can lead to expensive repairs in the future. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Creve Coeur, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We even offer 24/7 emergency services to our Creve Coeur, MO customers.
Why Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Creve Coeur, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying reason depends on the type of drain and what humans are using it for. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can generally avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Excess toilet paper is frequently to blame, but other kinds of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which shouldn't be flushed in a toilet — often result in clogs too. If any product apart from toilet paper claims to be "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a another drain in the house is backed up, there's residue from a washing machine, or with the heavy rain storms we often get in Creve Coeur, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the main cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, dirt, nail clippings, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While this is useful information for the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Creve Coeur, MO home. Contact Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Creve Coeur, MO
While some DIY options are useful sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We know how to unclog drains. Our first order of business when we arrive at your Creve Coeur, MO home is to perform a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the underlying cause of your clogged drain. Once we know the the problem is, we'll come up with one of approaches that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Store-bought chemicals can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they typically only work briefly, if at all. However, only professional plumbers are able to purchase the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid required to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid corrode certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also referred to as a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are intended to unclog drains that are smaller, such as your kitchen sink, and augers are used for larger drains like a basement. They both have long, coiled cords with an "auger head" that can dislodge clogs on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then twisted, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending high-pressure water jets down your pipes in order to dislodge the most stubborn clogs.
The contractors at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Creve Coeur, MO since 2011 and have yet to find a drain we couldn't handle.
6 Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Creve Coeur, MO
Of course, you may never have to look up "unclog drain" at all when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. The following are 6 tell-tale signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If there's water on the floor of your basement after you run the washing machine, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, reach out to Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a odor anywhere near a drain, it could be an indication that your sewage is backed up or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your several drains in your Creve Coeur, MO home are all not draining well, it could mean that there's a problem with your main sewer line. In that case, you need to get sewer drain cleaning right away to avoid more serious damage to your Creve Coeur, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet line is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Gurgling sounds indicate that there's a blockage somewhere in your system. Even if your drains are functioning well now, they will likely change soon. The gurgling is caused by water rushing through the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. if you notice fruit flies hanging around your kitchen sink, it's time for professional drain cleaning.
If you're experiencing any of the above signs, or a combination thereof, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as possible, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 6AM. Not getting drain cleaning could even lead to infections and other health problems.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Creve Coeur, MO:
Unclog Drain Creve Coeur, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers provide prompt and polite service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always researching the newest technologies to offer Creve Coeur, MO homeowners the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in Creve Coeur, MO. Beyond drain cleaning, we offer numerous plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. For the best unclog drain services in Creve Coeur, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.