Unclog Drain Kirkwood, MO
Unclog Drain in Kirkwood, MO. Been typing "unclog drain" into your browser all day? Tried a plunger? Store-bought liquid drain cleaners? Baking soda and vinegar? Even a bent wire hanger? If nothing's working, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can cause costly damage to your plumbing in the future. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Kirkwood, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or reach out to us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Kirkwood, MO.
Why Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Kirkwood, MO
Different drains become backed up for different reasons. Knowing the reasons behind clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is the main cause of clogged toilets, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which we strongly advise against flushing down a toilet — often lead to clogs as well. If anything that is not toilet paper calls itself "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a toilet's clogged, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often see in Kirkwood, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the main cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also lead to clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, floss, skin flakes, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While this might be helpful in the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Kirkwood, MO home. Reach out to Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Kirkwood, MO.
Professional Unclog Drain Services in Kirkwood, MO
While some DIY options are useful sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We know how to unclog drains. When we first get to your Kirkwood, MO home, we might use a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the root reason behind your clogged drain. Once the problem's diagnosed, we'll pursue one of several plans of attack that work best for your plumbing issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Store-bought liquid drain cleaners can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for tough clogs or drain issues that keep coming back. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold exclusively to professional plumbers. The acid corrode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the best solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also known as a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, such as your kitchen sink, and augers are intended for larger drains like a toilet. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then cranked, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending high-pressure water jets down your pipes in order to remove the most stubborn clogs.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Kirkwood, MO since 2011 and have yet to find a drain we couldn't unclog.
6 Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Kirkwood, MO
Of course, you may never have to look up "unclog drain" at all when your plumbing systems and drains stay healthy. The following are 6 tell-tale signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is still functioning, but slowly, it likely means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after it rains, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a smell anywhere near a drain, it could be a signal that your plumbing system is backed up or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all draining slowly, it could mean that there's a problem with your main sewer line. When that happens, it's a good idea to get sewer drain cleaning right away to avoid more costly damage to your Kirkwood, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If water backs up in one place, for example your bathroom or sink, it's usually an indication that one of the other lines in the house is clogged.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling comes from water rushing through the air bubbles that form when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. if you notice fruit flies hanging around your kitchen sink, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you're noticing any of the above signs, it's best not to delay in getting drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 11 at night. Not getting drain cleaning could even cause infections and other health problems.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Kirkwood, MO:
Unclog Drain Kirkwood, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers provide swift and professional service, 24/7. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies and best practices to give Kirkwood, MO individuals and families the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're an A-Z service for any plumbing issue in Kirkwood, MO. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer numerous plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. For the best unclog drain services in Kirkwood, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.