Unclog Drain Oakland, MO
Unclog Drain in Oakland, MO. Been searching "unclog drain" for hours? Tried a plunger? Store-bought liquid drain cleaners? Baking soda and vinegar? Even cola? When all other solutions fail, you need to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can cause expensive damage to your plumbing down the line. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Oakland, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or reach out to us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Oakland, MO.
How Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Oakland, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying cause depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. Knowing the causes of clogged drains can help you avoid them in the future.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is usually a culprit, but other sorts of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or diapers — which we strongly advise against flushing down a toilet — often result in clogs as well. If anything apart from toilet paper claims to be "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a toilet's clogged, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often get in Oakland, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Residue from soap or other products, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also cause clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
When residue from washing dishes, such as grease or fat, or coffee grounds accumulate in a kitchen sink drain, it can often become clogged. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, floss, skin flakes, and hand lotions are often to blame.
While this might be helpful in the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Oakland, MO home. Get in touch with Drain Cleaning St. Louis today at 314-972-2233 for unclog drain services in Oakland, MO.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Oakland, MO
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We we have been unclogging drains for over 10 years. When we first arrive at your Oakland, MO home, we might carry out a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the root reason behind your clogged drain. Once the problem's diagnosed, we'll pursue one of approaches that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter chemicals can unclog some drains, but for more serious clogs, they typically only work briefly, if at all. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold exclusively to professional plumbers. The acid erode certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the right solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also known as a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are used to unclog drains that are smaller, like your kitchen sink, and augers are intended for larger drains like a toilet. They both have long, coiled cords with an "auger head" that can dislodge clogs on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then cranked, unclogging the drain.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to dislodge the most difficult clogs.
The contractors at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Oakland, MO since 2011 and have yet to come across a drain we couldn't unclog.
How to Tell When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Oakland, MO
Of course, you may never have to look up "unclog drain" at all if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. Here are 6 tell-tale signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is working, but slowly, it likely means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If there's water on the floor of your basement after it rains, or water fills up your shower even though the drain is open, get in touch with Draining Cleaning St. Louis immediately.
- Foul Odors: Foul stenches that you can't find the source of are often an indication that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all draining slowly, it possibly means that there's a problem with your main sewer line. When that happens, it's a good idea to get sewer drain cleaning right away to avoid more costly damage to your Oakland, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet drain is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling comes from water flowing past the air bubbles that are created when clogs occur.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. if you notice fruit flies hanging around your kitchen sink, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis.
If you suspect you have problems with your drain, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as possible, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 11 at night. Not getting drain cleaning could even result in infections and other health issues.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Oakland, MO:
Unclog Drain Oakland, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified master plumbers believe in prompt and professional service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always staying on top of the newest technologies to give Oakland, MO homeowners the exceptional plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're an A-Z service for any plumbing issue in Oakland, MO. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. If you need to unclog a drain in Oakland, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.