Unclog Drain in St. Louis. Been searching "unclog drain" for hours? Tried a plunger? Hot water and dish soap? Baking soda and vinegar? Even cola? If nothing's working, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Some jobs can only be completed by professionals, and not addressing a clogged drain promptly can lead to expensive damage to your plumbing down the road. If you need drain cleaning in St. Louis, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning.
How Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain St. Louis
Different drains get clogged differently. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can typically avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is often a culprit, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which shouldn't be flushed in a toilet — often cause clogs too. If any product that is not toilet paper says "flushable," don't believe it.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become clogged when a toilet's backed up, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often see in St. Louis.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is often the number one cause of bathtub drains becoming clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral buildup from water can also cause clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, excess toothpaste, hair, floss, nail clippings, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While there are a lot of ways drains get backed up, the important thing now is that you need to unclog that drain in your St. Louis home. Call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
Professional Unclog Drain Services St. Louis
Some jobs are best left to the professionals. We know how to unclog drains. When we first get to your home, we might use a drain camera inspection to inspect your pipes and find the root cause of your clogged drain. Once the problem's diagnosed, we'll decide on one of several plans of attack that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Store-bought chemicals can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or just temporary solutions for serious or persistent issues. However, only licensed plumbers are allowed to buy the high concentrations of hydrochloric acid needed to unclog a drain of serious clogs. The acid can cause damage to certain pipes, so chemicals may not always be the best bet. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, these can be either manual or motorized. Generally, snakes are used to unclog drains that are smaller, like your kitchen or bathroom sink, and augers are used for larger drains like a toilet or basement. They both have long, coiled cords with a helix-shaped hook on the end. The cords are fed into the drain and then cranked, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: When all else fails, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to remove the most stubborn blockages.
The plumbers at Drain Cleaning St. Louis are all licensed master plumbers and drainlayers with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in St. Louis for over 10 years and have yet to find a drain we couldn't handle.
How to Know When You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain St. Louis
Of course, you may never have to look up "unclog drain" at all if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. Here are 6 signs that you need drain cleaning even if your drains aren't completely clogged:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: If a drain is working, but slowly, it likely means that you need to enlist professional drain cleaning services. If your basement has standing water after it rains, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, call Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a foul smell anywhere near a drain, it could be a sign that your sewage is backed up or that you have dried out p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all having issues, it could mean that there's a problem with your main sewer line. In that case, it's best to get sewer drain cleaning immediately to avoid more serious damage to your St. Louis home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet line is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling comes from water rushing past the air bubbles that form when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies are attracted to food that is stuck in your pipes. If you've cleaned the counters down thoroughly but still have a fruit fly problem, it's time for professional drain cleaning.
If you suspect you have problems with your drain, it's best not to wait to get drain cleaning services, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your phone at 11PM. Not getting drain cleaning could even cause infections and other health concerns.
Unclog Drain St. Louis | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our certified and licensed master plumbers believe in prompt and courteous service 24/7, and are always staying on top of the latest technologies to offer St. Louis residents the best plumbing and drain cleaning service possible. We're a one-stop-shop for all your plumbing needs in St. Louis. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer a variety of plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and installation. If you need to unclog a drain in St. Louis, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.