Unclog Drain Shrewsbury, MO
Unclog Drain in Shrewsbury, MO. Been searching "unclog drain" all day? Tried a plunger? Hot water and dish soap? Baking soda and vinegar? Even cola? If you feel like you're out of options, it's time to call Drain Cleaning St. Louis to have a professional unclog your drain. Sometimes, we all need the help of professionals, and ignoring a clogged on slow-running drain can lead to costly repairs down the road. For professional, knowledgeable, and expert unclog drain services in Shrewsbury, MO, call us today at 314-972-2233 or contact us online. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for emergency drain cleaning in Shrewsbury, MO.
The Reasons That Drains Get Clogged | Unclog Drain Shrewsbury, MO
When a drain gets clogged, the underlying reason depends on the type of drain and what you are using it for. When you know what tends to clog drains, you can typically avoid needing drain cleaning services.
- Toilet Drain Cleaning
Too much toilet paper is the main cause of clogged toilets, but other types of paper and hygiene products like paper towels, Q-tips, or cotton balls — which you should never flush down a toilet — often lead to clogs as well. If anything apart from toilet paper claims to be "flushable," it's not.
- Basement Cleaning
Basement drains can become backed up when a toilet's clogged, dirt is swept into the drain, or with the heavy rainfall we often get in Shrewsbury, MO.
- Bathtub Drain Cleaning
Hair is almost always the reason bathtub and shower drains become clogged. Soap scum, dirt, and even mineral accumulation from water can also result in clogs in your pipes.
- Sink Drain Cleaning
Kitchen sinks often clog because of food, such as grease from plates, eggshells, stringy vegetables, and coffee grounds. With bathroom sinks, too much toothpaste, hair, dirt, nail clippings, and Q-tips are often to blame.
While this is useful information for the future, right now you need that drain unclogged in your Shrewsbury, MO home. Call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 to get that drain cleared quickly.
How Plumbers Unclog Drains in Shrewsbury, MO
While some DIY options are useful sometimes a job can only be done right by a professional. We know how to unclog drains. When we first arrive at your Shrewsbury, MO home, we might use a drain camera inspection to inspect your plumbing system and find the main reason behind your clogged drain. Once we know the the problem is, we'll come up with one of approaches that best fits the issue and your home:
- Chemicals: Over-the-counter chemicals can unclog some drains, but are often ineffective or temporary solutions for serious or persistent issues. However, high concentrations of hydrochloric acid are available to be sold only to professional plumbers. The acid is harmful to certain pipes, so chemicals aren't necessarily the best solution. Your plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will know whether or not using chemicals is a good idea.
- A Drain Snake or Drain Auger: Also called a plumber's snake, either have manual cranks or are motorized. Generally, snakes are meant to unclog drains that are smaller, like your bathroom sink, and augers are meant for larger drains for example a basement. They consist of long, coiled cords with a hook, or other object that can grab and break up clogs, on the end. The lines are fed into the drain and then twisted, dislodging the clog.
- Hydro Jetting: If none of the above options are successful, your master plumber at Drain Cleaning St. Louis will unclog your drain by sending a highly-pressurized stream of water down your pipes in order to remove the most stubborn blockages.
Our team is comprised of master plumbers and drainlayers who are licensed with St. Louis City and St. Louis county. We've been unclogging drains in Shrewsbury, MO for over 10 years and have yet to find a clog we couldn't clear out.
6 Signs That You Need Drain Cleaning | Unclog Drain Shrewsbury, MO
Of course, looking up "unclog drain" isn't necessary if you maintain a healthy drain and plumbing system. Below are 6 tell-tale signs that you should get drain cleaning services even if you don't have an active clog:
- Slow Drains and Standing Water: Slow running drains usually indicate there there is some blockage in your pipes. If your basement has standing water after it rains, or water collects in your shower and takes a while to drain, contact Draining Cleaning St. Louis right away.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a odor anywhere near a drain, it could be a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in your pipes or that you need replacement p-traps.
- Multiple Clogged Lines: If your shower, sink, and basement drains are all draining slowly, it possibly means that there's a problem with your main sewer line. In that case, it's best to get sewer drain cleaning as soon as possibleDelaying could result in more serious damage to your Shrewsbury, MO home.
- Water Backing Up: If your toilet drain is clogged, it could cause water to back up in your bathtub or sink.
- Gurgling Sounds: Even if your lines are draining normally, gurgling sounds indicate that there is a backup behind the scenes. The gurgling comes from water rushing past the air bubbles that are created when clogs happen.
- Fruit Flies: Fruit flies love drains and pipes with leftover food in them. if you notice fruit flies hanging around your kitchen sink, it's time for professional drain cleaning.
If you're noticing any of the above signs, you should get drain cleaning services as soon as you can, or you'll be stuck typing "unclog drain" into your browser at 11 at night. In the worst case, waiting to get drain cleaning might cause infections and other health concerns.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Shrewsbury, MO:
Unclog Drain Shrewsbury, MO | Drain Cleaning St. Louis
Our licensed master plumbers provide quick and courteous service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are always following the latest technologies to offer Shrewsbury, MO residents the impeccable plumbing and drain cleaning service. We're an A-Z service for any plumbing issue in Shrewsbury, MO. In addition to drain cleaning, we offer many different plumbing services, including water and sewer line repair and repairs and replacements of kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, and more. If you need to unclog a drain in Shrewsbury, MO, call Drain Cleaning St. Louis now at 314-972-2233 or contact us online.